Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching System
The Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching System (APOBS) is an explosive line charge system that allows safe breaching through complex antipersonnel obstacles, particularly fields of land mines. The Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching System is a joint DOD program for the U.S. Army and the United States Marine Corps.
The lightweight 125-pound system includes these features:
- Delay and command firing modes
- Deployable within 90 seconds
- Deployable from a 35-meter standoff
- Clears antipersonnel mines and complex wire obstacles
- Clears a footpath up to 1 meter by 45 meters
As a certified insensitive munition, APOBS is safe to employ and transport.
The information contained on this page is unclassified, approved for public dissemination and is released under CC-BY-SA Licensing Agreement.