Dependent ID Cards

Those eligible for the Uniformed Services ID card are:

  • Military spouses and dependents
  • Military retirees
  • Reservists and National Guard not in active-duty status
  • Members on the Temporary Disability Retired List and the Permanent Disability Retired List
  • Retired reserve not yet drawing military retirement pay
  • Medal of Honor recipients
  • 100% disabled veterans
  • Former members in receipt of retired pay
  • Eligible foreign military
  • Transitional Health Care recipients
  • Full-time paid personnel of the United Service Organizations and Red Cross when serving outside the U.S.
  • United Seamen’s Service personnel when serving outside the U.S.
  • Officers and crews of Military Sealift Command vessels deployed to foreign countries
  • Select Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve personnel
  • Retired DOD civilian employees

Other family members eligible for a military ID include authorized dependents of:

  • Military retirees
  • Reservists
  • National Guard
  • Retired reservists
  • National Guard not yet receiving military retirement pay
  • Medal of Honor recipients
  • 100% disabled veterans
  • Former spouses eligible for 20-20-20 benefits

You may obtain a military ID through ID Card Office Online or in person at any Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System site. RAPIDS offices are located on military bases, at National Guard armories and at reserve training locations. These may be called the Pass and ID office, Military Personnel Flight, DEERS office, Personnel Support Detachment, ID Card Section, S1, One Stop, or a variety of other names, depending on the installation or branch of service. Use this RAPIDS Site Locator to find a location near you to make an appointment.