Marines Tuition Assistance
Servicemembers of the Marine Corps can further their education in their off-duty time with financial help through Marine Corps tuition assistance.
The following are the maximum payment amounts allowed under the tuition assistance program.
Tuition assistance will cover up to 100% of tuition and fees not to exceed $250 per semester credit hour, or $166 per quarter credit hour, and no more than $4500 per fiscal year.
Marine applying for tuition assistance for the first time are required to attend a TA Orientation Class through your installations Education Office before they can begin the application process. Marines stationed remotely have the ability to take this course online. Form NETPDTC 1560 should be completed to apply for tuition assistance. The servicemember must receive written approval for tuition assistance before enrolling in the course. Marines serving in remote locations will have their TA applications process at the following locations: for stations east of the Mississippi processing occurs at Camp Lejeune, for stations west of the Mississippi processing occurs at Camp Pendleton, recruiters apply through their recruiting district and I-I duty Marines through MARFORRES in New Orleans.
There are some rules that apply when using Marine tuition assistance. These rules are as follows:
- 100% of tuition and mandatory fees will be provided through TA for courses post-secondary education for vocation, undergraduate and graduate study
- A degree plan must be submitted before more than 12 semester hours that utilize TA have been completed
- Books are not covered by TA
- TA may not be used for any degree or certification that is considered lateral or lower level than your current level of education
- All officers must commit to active duty for at least 2 years following course completion for courses funded by TA.